The official crest of Arendelle is the crocus, appearing on everything from banners to capes, uniforms, wallpaper, and jewelry. The colors green and purple, and to a lesser extent yellow, are associated and prominent with the kingdom of Arendelle. Officials design usually have a golden yellow stylized crocus emblazoned and split with a purple background on the left side and green on the right. The side with the purple background is darker, even seen on Elsa's profile banner with the left side being a darker yellow.
Role in Movie
Due to the unstable nature of Elsa's powers, for her safety as well as the safety of Anna, until Elsa can learn to control her winter magic, the castle was closed off on the late king's orders for 13 years. On the day of Elsa's coronation, when her magical abilities were unintentionally exposed to the public by Anna and runs away, she accidentally triggers the severe winter weather conditions that freeze the kingdom. While she is gone and Anna is searching for her, Hans takes on the task of protecting the kingdom. However, thanks to Anna's efforts and love for her sister, Elsa found the courage to undo the eternal winter and peace is restored, along with Hans being sent back to face punishment from his brothers for his actions against the princess and queen.
Places of Interest
- Arendelle Castle: Home of the royal family of Arendelle.
- Arendelle Chapel: This is where Elsa is crowned as the new queen of Arendelle.
- Elsa's Ice Castle: Freely and expressing her feelings with her ice powers, Elsa creates her ice castle after her self imposed exile.
- Valley of the Living Rock: A large valley home of the trolls.
- The North Mountain: Where Elsa goes after her self imposed exile and creates her Ice Castle. Also where Anna, Kristoff, Olaf and Sven go to find Elsa so she can bring back summer.
Arendelle is a kingdom in the movie Frozen that the main protagonists such as Anna, Kristoff, Elsa, and Sven live in. Arendelle is in Norway. There seems to be that there are lots of mountains near Arendelle and it is a comforting place for those who visit and sometimes dwell. Elsa is the Queen of Arendelle and Anna is the Princess of Arendelle.
- Arendelle is based on a city in Norway named Arendelle.
- The name 'Arendelle' is based on the Norwegian town of Arendal, located southwest of the Norwegian capital, Oslo.
- 'Aren' means "mountain of strength" and 'delle' means "noble kind."
- The crocus is a symbol of rebirth and spring. In colder regions, the flower bursts forth while snow is still on the ground.