The official crest of Arendelle is the crocus, appearing on everything from banners to capes, uniforms, wallpaper, and jewelry. The colors green and purple, and to a lesser extent yellow, are associated and prominent with the kingdom of Arendelle. Officials design usually have a golden yellow stylized crocus emblazoned and split with a purple background on the left side and green on the right. The side with the purple background is darker, even seen on Elsa's profile banner with the left side being a darker yellow.
Role in Film
Due to the unstable nature of Elsa's powers, for her safety as well as the safety of Anna, until Elsa could learn to control her winter magic, the castle was closed off on the late king's orders for 13 years. On the day of Elsa's coronation, when her magical abilities were unintentionally exposed to the public by Anna and runs away, she accidentally triggers the severe winter weather conditions that freeze the kingdom. While she is gone and Anna is searching for her, Hans takes on the task of protecting the kingdom. However, thanks to Anna's efforts and love for her sister, Elsa found the courage to undo the eternal winter and peace is restored, along with Hans being sent back to face punishment from his brothers for his actions against the princess and queen.
Places of Interest
- Arendelle Castle: Home of the royal family of Arendelle.
- Arendelle Chapel: This is where Elsa is crowned as the new queen of Arendelle.
- Elsa's Ice Palace: Freely and expressing her feelings with her ice powers, Elsa creates her ice castle after her self-imposed exile.
- Valley of the Living Rock: A large valley home of the trolls.
- The North Mountain: Where Elsa goes after her self-imposed exile and creates her Ice Castle. Also where Anna, Kristoff, Olaf and Sven go to find Elsa so she can bring back summer.
- The Forest: The forest outside of the villiage that is inhabitad by wolves and other animals. It is also where Wandering Oaken's Trading Post and Sauna can be found. Anna journeyed into the forest to find Elsa, only to lose her horse and end up at Wandering Oaken's Trading Post and Sauna.
- The Village: The village outside the castle gates. It is where the Arendelle Citizens live.
- The Ice Fields: The frozen lake where the ice harvesters, including Kristoff, work.
- Arendelle is based on a city in Norway named Arendelle.
- The name 'Arendelle' is based on the Norwegian town of Arendal, located southwest of the Norwegian capital, Oslo.
- 'Aren' means "mountain of strength" and 'delle' means "noble kind."
- The crocus is a symbol of rebirth and spring. In colder regions, the flower bursts forth while snow is still on the ground.